Thanks so much to Andre Cossette for sending the questions from the Inland Empire, WA district tournament.
1. Is the Republican party the party of NO?
2. What fresh ideas are coming out of the Republican party?
3. Is Obamacare here to stay?
4. Will Ted Cruz lead the Republican party?
5. Is Joe Biden positioning himself for a 2016 presidential run?
6. What would a “new GOP” look like?
7. Does the Ninth Circuit’s recent ruling on concealed firearms signal the beginning of the end of the American gun control movement?
8. Was the passage of a clean debt ceiling bill a significant political victory for President Obama?
9. Will Hillary be the first female president?
10. Should the Senate abolish the filibuster?
11. Does the debt ceiling promote responsible governance?
12. Which Republican has the best shot at beating the Democrats?
13. Is Obama an asset or a liability to purple state Democrats?
14. Are the death penalty’s days numbered?
15. Are Democrats too inflexible on immigration?
16. Has the Republican stance on immigration doomed its chances to win over Hispanics?
17. Is the Tea Party dead?
1. Has fracking turned the US into Saudi America?
2. Has Obama administration’s economic stimulus plan worked?
3. What can banks do to improve the security of credit cards?
4. Should the federal government limit the transportation of oil by rail?
5. Has America’s labor market suffered permanent harm?
6. What effect does a weaker economy have on America’s labor unions?
7. Will raising the minimum wage cost Americans jobs?
8. Would a higher minimum wage reduce poverty?
9. Is the US doing enough to help the underemployed?
10. Is the budget deficit falling too fast?
11. How will the US economy change with the rise of intelligent machines?
12. Will 6.5% be the new normal unemployment rate?
13. Is the Fed’s unconventional monetary policy coming to an end?
14. How can the US save the middle class?
15. Should the government try to stabilize energy prices?
16. Does Obamacare kill jobs?
17. Is financial innovation good for the economy?
Health, Education, and Welfare
1. How can the United States federal government improve math and science education?
2. Would the unionization of college football players harm athletes that compete in less publicized intercollegiate sports?
3. Has the “war on tobacco” succeeded?
Is the National Football League ready for an openly gay player?
4. Has the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman refocused authorities on
5. combatting heroin use?
6. Will the future of the same sex marriage debate be decided more by courts or
8. What can California do to confront its dwindling water supply?
9. Ain’t charter schools the answer to America’s edumacation problems?
10. Will rising health care costs cause more Americans to seek medical care abroad?
11. Will marijuana legalization be the gateway to legalization of other drugs?
12. Should ex-felons retain the right to vote?
13. Will gay marriages be nationwide?
14. Is universal pre-Kindergarten the key to curing America’s educational woes?
15. How can Obama win the messaging war over Obamacare?
United States Foreign Policy
1. Would a free trade agreement with Asia be good for the United States?
2. Is the war on terror slowing down?
3. Should the US withdraw its troops from Okinawa?
4. Why is Obama sending John Kerry to Asia?
5. What stance does the U.S. need to take with Ukraine?
6. Should the U.S. take measures to prevent a hegemonic China?
7. Did America lose the war in Iraq?
8. Should the Senate grant Obama fast-track authority for the TPP?
9. What steps should the US take to protect gay rights abroad?
10. Is global dependence on oil helpful or harmful for American interests?
11. How can America ensure continual access to rare earth metals?
12. Is Russia an enemy of America?
13. Should the US militarily protect Taiwan from Chinese expansionism?
14. Should the US ban domestic tech firms from helping dictators abroad?
15. Did US sanctions of Iran work?
16. Is free trade good for America?
17. What should the U.S.’s response be if Russia invades Ukraine?
1. Should the Netherlands leave the European Union?
2. Why are Bosnians protesting?
3. Will protests in Bosnia create a Balkan Spring?
4. Will a unified Cyprus solve its problems?
5. Should Switzerland join the European Union?
6. What are the benefits and costs of an independent Scotland?
7. What effect would an independent Scotland have on the rest of Europe?
8. Will Scottish nationalists prevail in their upcoming referendum on independence?
9. Have the Olympic games helped or hurt Russian prestige?
10. Who will emerge victorious in Ukraine: forces oriented toward Western Europe, or forces closer to Russia?
11. What steps can be taken to preserve the cultural identity of the Roma people?
12. Is Britain’s Labour Party moving too far left for electoral success?
13. Is the Spanish economy recovering?
14. Can united left-wing parties take control of Hungarian politics?
15. Will Matteo Renzi be an effective prime minister of Italy?
16. Does Francois Hollande have his affairs in order?
17. Will Ukraine be partitioned?
18. Will Russia invade Ukraine?
Asia and Oceana
1. Will Narendra Modi be the next Prime Minister of India?
2. Will India’s Aam Aadmi party change the landscape of Indian politics?
3. What reforms does India need to reach its potential?
4. Will the opposition’s decision to boycott Thailand’s elections undermine the legitimacy of the country’s government?
5. Have protests against Yingluck Shinawatra failed?
6. Will the recently negotiated peace in Mindanao, Philippines, hold for long?
7. Will Japan demand that the U.S. withdraw from Okinawa?
8. What problems plague Pakistan?
9. Is Japan embracing Western ideals?
10. Would it be a mistake for Japan to abandon nuclear power?
11. Is China warming toward Taiwan?
12. Is the historic visit between Chinese and Taiwanese officials more symbolism than substance?
13. Will greater levels of interdependence prevent conflicts between China and Japan?
14. Will disputes in the South China Sea lead to armed conflict between China and Japan?
15. Would the world be worse under the rule of a hegemonic China?
16. How has capitalism turned China into a freer country?
17. How can China improve its environmental record?
18. Is the death of Australia’s automobile industry a sign of trouble?
19. Should Kim Jong Un crack down on growing underground markets?
20. Will the U.N.’s scathing report on North Korea have any weight?
21. How will North Korea respond to US-South Korean joint military exercises?
1. How will Syria’s civil war impact Palestinian refugees?
2. Are peace talks to end the conflict in Syria a waste of time?
3. Can Hassan Rouhani tame Iran’s hardliners?
4. Should the west arm Syria’s rebels?
5. Is Turkey’s prime minister losing his grip on power?
6. Should Jews driven out of Arab states after the formation of Israel be entitled to compensation?
7. Is Hamid Karzai an irrational or calculating leader?
8. Are Yemen’s efforts to achieve renewed national unity succeeding?
9. Can Palestinians find safe haven anywhere?
10. Will a nuclear deal with Iran happen?
11. Are Turkish aspirations of joining the EU dead?
12. Why are the Syrian peace talks going nowhere?
13. Is Pakistan right to negotiate with the Taliban?
14. Will new leadership bring stability to Egypt?
15. Can John Kerry bring peace to Israel?
16. Is Yemen a failed state?
17. Should the US keep giving aid to Afghanistan?
18. Would an independent Kurdistan make the Middle East more stable?
Africa & The Americas
1. Can diplomatic pressure force African nations to not enact anti-gay legislation?
2. Is the young government of South Sudan in danger of collapsing?
3. What is the root cause of conflict in the Central African Republic?
4. Is it time for Mugabe to go?
5. Does Nigeria deserve its bad reputation?
6. Has President Goodluck Jonathan brought bad luck to Nigeria?
7. What can be done to curb sectarian violence in the Central African Republic?
8. Is the ANC’s control of South African politics harming the nation?
9. What caused Argentina to go from boom to bust?
10. Who has the better solution to gang violence, Mexico or El Salvador?
11. Is President Nieto the right man to fight the banditos?
12. Is Brazil the right country to host the World Cup?
13. Will Dilma Rousseff be re-elected?
14. Will Mexico be the next big emerging market?
15. Will Venezuela’s opposition be helped or hurt by ongoing protests against the government?
16. Is it time to end the Cuban embargo?
17. Why is Venezuela in an uproar?
18. Does Venezuela miss Hugo Chavez?
19. Can Canada successfully balance its budget before 2015?